Skip to main content

I have been the recipient of several contracts from a company we do business with. Previously, I have been able to log in and review the contracts, now they have all disappeared. These are extrememly important, but I cannot contact DocuSign, as I was not the sender, and the sender will not assist. How can I retrieve the signed documents?

Hello @SteelSpirits

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I know the importance of having the information displayed as needed. I understand that you have missing envelopes.

To clarify, do you have multiple accounts with DocuSign?

Can you provide the envelope ID for the envelopes that you are referring to?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I have read this reply several times and cannot make sense of it. I have no idea what an envelope is in this context, nor do I have an envelope ID, nor can I contact an account administrator, which is why I am posting here.

A company I do business with uses DocuSign for their contracts. They sent me two contracts through  DocuSign, which I completed. I need to download copies of those contracts, but neither appears when I log in anymore.

I need help in retrieving those contracts for download. 

Hello @SteelSpirits

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, at DocuSign, an envelope is a document container that you can send to a recipient to sign. An envelope can have one document or many documents. The envelope holds data on the documents to be signed, the signers and other recipients, and the places where signers will sign the documents. 

To confirm, do you have a single DocuSign Account or do you have multiple accounts?

If you search for the envelope notification in your email account, are you able to locate it?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Best regards,

I can find the notification that I have documents to sign, and that I have completed signing, but clicking the link leads me to an empty account. 

I have a single account, for a single business.

The link to sign the doc has long expired, and the link to view the completed doc leads to nothing!

Hello @SteelSpirits

There is an alternative signing method, when you receive an email inviting you to electronically sign a DocuSign document, you will find a 33-character alphanumeric security code at the bottom of the email. This code is a unique ID for the document and can be used to access, sign, save, and print the document on the DocuSign website. Simply navigate to www.docusign.com, select "Access Documents," paste the security code into the designated text box, and click "GO" to open the document. Use a Security Code to access documents

Best regards,

Hi @SteelSpirits,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,