Skip to main content

For each envelope I send, once I get a client signature I need an Executive on my team to sign. However, I don’t like to have the DocuSign automatically routed to the Executive. We need to ensure it gets sent at the right time so it gets viewed immediately. The current workaround is that in between the client and the Executive, the document requires my initials, that way I receive the document and can send it off when I need. However, my question is if there is a formal way to do this? Is it possible to adjust a setting so that I can manually send the envelope to a second or third signatory without having it routed automatically?

Thanks!

Hi rbfrieds!

Your question is interesting, as customers generally prefer to automate these activities, avoiding that someone necessarily needs to approve for the envelope to proceed.

However, based on your needs, there are some ways you can do this, such as:

1. You are part of the flow in order 2 (after the client and before your director) and assign some action to yourself. One of the suggestions would be to use the "approve" tab, without the need to insert your signature or initials in the document. If this option is not available, contact your administrator and ask them to activate under “Sender Settings”.
  2. You are part of the flow in order 2 and assign yourself as a recipient role "Update Recipient". And as soon as you need your director to receive it, you simply click confirm.

Thanks Vinicius! This is so helpful. 

I was messing around with it and for option 2, how do I get it to not send to the VP until I confirm it? When I was testing it, the envelope got sent directly to that person without me needing to confirm anything.

Best,

Rebecca

Disregard my last comment, I figured it out thank you!

Hi Rebecca!

I'm glad I could contribute some suggestions for your use case. If you need any further help, please let us know!

Hi @rbfrieds,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!