Skip to main content
Solved

Location of date of signing changes in PDF after completion.

• 30 January 2024
  • 2 replies

When creating an envelope, we entered the Docusign box on the PDF area where we wanted to have both the date of approval and a signature. This works fine with all normal PDFs, but we have now certain technical PDFs (farmaceutical artwork mock-ups) where the approval date is plotted 10 cms apart from where it was intended upon “signing” the document. Could anybody please shed some light on what properties in these PDFs  could be responsible for this phenomenon? If we “print-to-pdf” these received PDF documents first, this phenomenon can be avoided, but then of course, we lose quite some PDF document properties. Please advise.

Hello @Robert ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I’m sorry to hear that the fields are not showing correctly on the document when uploading the PDF, I understand this PDF have some dynamics on it.

Can you confirm if the PDF being used is a fillable PDF form that you are trying to upload in DocuSign or are you uploading the PDF and adding the fields? DocuSign, does not support some dynamics that might come with the PDF and the best way to solve this would be to “Flatten” the PDF (print to pdf).

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Robert ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!