Skip to main content

Over the last few years I have signed documents in Docusign that required a social security # and the program emailed me a copy of the signed document. email isn’t encrypted so I am angry when this happens. When I talk to the agents who sent me the documents they don’t understand my concern and do not believe they have any control of the email. Please tell me what I can do to prevent this from happening again this week when I need to sign another contract?

Hi @privettas,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community. 

You can hide sensitive data entered into your text boxes by selecting the “Hide text with Asterisks” option offered as part of the Field Properties menu, located at the right hand of the screen after clicking or dropping your field. 

To prevent the documents to be attached to your email notifications, an administrator will also need to disable the “Attach documents to completion email” setting in Settings>Signing Settings>Envelope Delivery. More information on these topics can be found, here:

How to Hide Text
Envelope Delivery

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thanks. I didn’t know what envelope delivery meant.