Skip to main content

Hi,

is there any option to keep the original html format of an email, when it is uploaded to an evelope in DocuSign? Actually the mail is converted to plain text and so the used formatting, incl. tables look terrible.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Marc

Marc,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the content you’d like to preserve?

I recorded this video for additional context:

Sofian Saoudi | Founder @Solusign Consulting - Docusign Partner

Need help with Docusign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 hello@solusign.com | 📺 Learn Docusign on YouTube 

Hi Sofian, 

thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I cannot give you screenshot, because of Security reasons, but your 2nd guess was correct. I want to attach an email as a document, to the envelope, which should be signed and this mail is in html format and when I upload this to DS, the system convert this mail to a plain text document, which results in the formatting of the original mail is gone. So we directly upload the mail with msg file extension (outlook file type for emails). 

I understand. What format is the document in when you upload it? Have you tried saving as a PDF instead of uploading the .msg file?

It is in html format. No converting to a PDF was not tested, but this would be an option, but I would more likely use the msg file, as this is less effort for our userbase.

I understand, here’s another option for you:

1. Ask the user to forward the email to a specific email address
  2. Automation will extract the .msg file and convert into a PDF
  3. Once converted in a PDF, the Docusign envelope is created (and/or sent)

Hope this helps,
Sofian Saoudi | Founder @Solusign Consulting - Docusign Partner

Need help with Docusign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 hello@solusign.com | 📺 Learn Docusign on YouTube 

Hi @Marc Kolodziej,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.