Skip to main content

I keep having the word “null” populate in-between my first and last name on documents. I will go back to where my name is added to a document, and it will remove the “null” and then during the signing process it will re populate. Any suggestions?

Hello, @Ben_R 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Could you send a screenshot when the word “Null” show up?

Thank you,

Alexandre

Hello, @Ben_R 

OK. I see the signing page. 

The null shows up there.

On this case, check with the sender of this envelope which fields he/she are using to your name and if there is any other field between. Perhaps the sender is asking for some information be filled up then will show up there in the Null text. Sometimes a sender can ask for information, while the information is not filled up then will no show up.

Would be necessary to check with the sender how is adding fields to the document or if it’s in use a Template, check if the template are using fields requestion an information.

Thank you,

Alexandre

I am the one creating the envelope. I am just utilizing the “Full Name” option. I have gone into my preferences and there is only a first and last name option for my profile. No middle name option. It is not happening with any other people in my system that I work with. It will even show in the Add Recipients page under my name. Not every time of course. 

Hi @Ben_R !

This is a know behavior and DocuSign is working to fix it.

In the meaning time, there’re two workarounds to change the “middle name”, there are:

1. Access Settings (you must be an eSignature Admin) > Users > find your user > Actions > Edit. In your user profile, try to upload the field “Full Name”.
    If you updated, but it’s still showing “null”, go to the next step.
  2. Open a case to DocuSign Customer Support, asking them to force sync manually your name in the system - to fix this behavior.

Thank you for the help. I will give those steps a try!