Skip to main content

I have received a docusign document to digitally sign.

I want to use the ‘Itsme’ app (QES) to sign the document.

How can this be done?

Does the creator of the document need buy this option? Or how does this work?

thanks,

Stefaan

Hi @SDE !

DocuSign offers the option to sign using Itsme, as you can see in this article below:

Sign with itsme

However, to be able to sign using this QES signature type, the sender must configure it previously. In other words, the sender must have this option enabled in their account and choose this method for you (as a recipient). So, if you’re looking to sign using Itsme, you need to contact the sender and ask/check if they could change the signature type.

How do I contact the sender?

Hi @SDE !

DocuSign offers the option to sign using Itsme, as you can see in this article below:

Sign with itsme

However, to be able to sign using this QES signature type, the sender must configure it previously. In other words, the sender must have this option enabled in their account and choose this method for you (as a recipient). So, if you’re looking to sign using Itsme, you need to contact the sender and ask/check if they could change the signature type.

How do I contact the sender?

Hey Vinicius,

thanks for your help.

I will contact the sender.

As I am not customed to creating docusign documents myself, will this option (add Itsme) cost extra for the creator of the document?

kind regards,

Stefaan

As I am not customed to creating docusign documents myself, will this option (add Itsme) cost extra for the creator of the document?

Hi @SDE !

This will depend on the plan and add-ons that the sender's account purchased with DocuSign. For example, if they have purchased an add-on that allows advanced signatures (QES, AES), in the vast majority of scenarios there is no extra cost, just the effort of asking their accounts/support team to enable this option on their account.
However, assuming they only purchased the electronic signature (SES), this will certainly have an extra cost for the sender.

@SDE

As @Vinicius.Rodrigues stated before the sender would need to be able to set up the envelope with the a signature type that allows you to sign with itsme. As this is a qualified electronic signature (QES) there will be additional cost for the sender on top of the envelope cost itself to leverage this feature in DocuSign eSignature. 

As the sender is paying for this, they are able to select what type of signature will be required and make a decision of a standard electronic signature is sufficient or a higher level is required for that use case.

What is the reasoning that you want to sign this with itsme?

@SDE

As @Vinicius.Rodrigues stated before the sender would need to be able to set up the envelope with the a signature type that allows you to sign with itsme. As this is a qualified electronic signature (QES) there will be additional cost for the sender on top of the envelope cost itself to leverage this feature in DocuSign eSignature. 

As the sender is paying for this, they are able to select what type of signature will be required and make a decision of a standard electronic signature is sufficient or a higher level is required for that use case.

What is the reasoning that you want to sign this with itsme?

@Vinicius.Rodrigues 

@mrave

thanks for the answers.

The original document was created to be signed with QES. However using a much longer procedure (installing new app, using webcam,...).

In Belgium the QES app ‘itsme’ is well known and widely used, so that would be the easiest way to get the document signed without effort.

one more question on this topic:

Is it possible for the sender to allow/select multiple QES signing options? So the itsme app and the other QES app.

So that the persons that sign can chose which option they prefer?

one more question on this topic:

Is it possible for the sender to allow/select multiple QES signing options? So the itsme app and the other QES app.

So that the persons that sign can chose which option they prefer?

Hi @SDE it’s possible to have multiple QES types in the same envelope, but not for the exact same recipient. In other words, the sender can only choose one sign method per recipient.

Hi @SDE,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!