Skip to main content

I have a contract where the first person has signed and I have a delay of one day for the second signatory to sign. I am now been told to have it sent earlier than then the scheduled time. Is there a function that can be applied to change this time?

Hello Shivangi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Are you referring to Add a delay between recipients?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Yes. I have already added a delay however I now need to edit that delay to an earlier time than initially opted for. Is this possible? If so, how may I go about editing this?

Hello Shivangi,

Thank you for the information, If you enter in the envelope "Correction" mode are you able to see the options to edit the Delay?

More information at https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=ztq1578456332318.html&_LANG=enus.

Best regards,

No, unfortunately I do not see an option to edit the delay. Is there any other options to edit the delay?image

Hello Shivangi,

I apologize for the inconvenience, after fully reviewing the information once the recipient completes their part, the delay cannot be changed; Only pending hold periods can be removed when correcting the envelope (not in progress or completed holds), however, a request to change this behavior as been submitted, currently we do not have an ETA on this.

Best regards,

Thank you for your answer, Christopher. I appreciate the clarifications and confirming what I see. I think for now, let's let it be.