Skip to main content

Contract language remains the same for all contracts I send, but each contract lists an estimate number, description of work, and estimated price--or multiples of these if the client is agreeing to multiple estimates. Is there an option to customize the PDF I've saved as the template to include that information?, or do I have to create a new PDF each time?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know if it is possible to edit the text of the PDF that you use as a template.

If you are referring to the actual text field of the PDF then no, there is no option in DocuSign to edit the wording of the files that are being uploaded to the system.

But you can edit the wording if you are referring to a DocuSign Text field.

You will need to use a different PDF if you need to change the wording, but with the template feature, you can speed up the creation of the template by applying an already-created template to the document.

More information at Use Templates.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.