Skip to main content

I received back a document that has already had 3 people sign, one email is incorrect. Hoe can I change it?

I went to correct but it will not let me edit the clients email address, what am i not doing?

Hello @Rcc

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I know the importance of having the information displayed as needed. I understand that you have an invalid email on your envelope.

To clarify the invalid email is for a recipient email? or a document field that contains an email address?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

@Rcc I assume you are the Sender and if you used a Template or created an envelope that had “locked” Recipients, then you would need to “void” this envelope since the Recipient cannot be edited based on how the Template or Envelope set the Recipient attributes.  Locked Recipients (those set to “unable to edit” and “unable to delete”) cannot be corrected by the Sender or even an Admin, you best option is to void, then create a new envelope and validate the email address is correct.  If the Recipient email address is incorrect on the Template you would need to contact the Template Owner to have that corrected so that new envelopes have an accurate email.

Thank you. It turns out that I just had to hit correct again and I was able to change the email address.

Hi @Rcc,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance with this, did the issue happen again? feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.