Skip to main content

I want to use DocuSign for digital signatures of my Excel based purchased orders. signatures are required from my suppliers and i will send emails to them the excel file.

is there a way that using DocuSign service, i can directly send the files to my clients through email?

@AmirShahzad

Excel format is supported, but any type of document will be converted into PDF, when uploaded to DocuSign eSignature. DocuSign will take care of the emails to collect the signatures from your suppliers and yourself in a signature workflow.

Depending on the size and format of the Excel file, I recommend to do some testing before you send it to see, how it is converted. The print preview functionality and settings in Excel are helpful to see how it will look like. Sometime is it easier to “print” it to a PDF file from Excel to achieve the desired formatting before you upload the document to DocuSign eSignature to start the signature workflow.

It is not possible to retain the Excel file format. The output from DocuSign eSignature will always be a PDF file.

Hi @AmirShahzad,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!