Skip to main content

I wanted to check if DocuSign can accommodate a scenario where the signer may be different from the vendor contact we have on file. 

Specifically, we need to send a document template to 10 vendors for signature (and we don’t know their subcontract factory name).  The actual signer could be a representative from the vendor's factory, rather than the vendor contact themselves. The vendor may send the document to more than 1 factory.  (In my understanding, delegation function only allows the vendor to delegate to one signer (Factory). 

Can DocuSign support this type of workflow where the signer is not the same as the vendor we have listed?  What would be the best way to manage and track the Multiple factories representative has signed on behalf of each vendor?

Please let me know your thoughts on the best approach for this using DocuSign. I'm happy to provide any additional details.

Hello @C_ Yip ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you need to send a document to a Vendor but they are not the actual signer but rather a way to get to the signer, is that correct?

If so, there is an option called “Specify recipients” that allows the sender (in this case yourself) to add a recipients that will add the information for the signer, you can find more information in the following article: Manager Recipients

So the workflow would be something as follows:

1. Vendor - Specify Recipient - Add vendor’s information
  2.  Signer (Factory) -Needs to sign - leave signer’s information blank (the vendor needs to add it.

If you do not see this option it could be that it is disabled on your account, in that case, please contact your account admin.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @C_ Yip ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!