Skip to main content
If I have two partners with one general email address. Do they manually type their name when signing or does the name (electronic signature) pull from the name that I select in eSignature Contacts?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

Depending on your account settings and whether the recipients have an active account the adopt signature screen will vary.

• If the recipients do not have an account with us then the name that will appear is the one that you set up for them when you created the envelope, then they can go ahead and adopt the signature that they would like.
  • If the recipients have an account and have a signature saved, that signature and consequently the name associated with it is the one that will appear on the document (since they have an account they can always go and replace the signature).

If they adopt a signature by mistake or need to change it, they can select a new signature by clicking on the signature added to the document and then click on Change, they should be able to see a list of their saved signature and initials to choose from or click + ADD to add a new signature.

Please bear in mind that there are certain scenarios in which changing your signature is not allowed. These are some of the restrictions that apply to changing signatures:

• To implement multiple signatures, a DocuSign account is required.
  • Some senders lock recipient names. 
  • If you are the only signer, you cannot select a saved signature.
  • First-time signers cannot modify their signature after the initial signature adoption.
  • Certain other restrictions may prohibit changing your signature. For complete details, see Why can't I Change my Signature?

Please keep in mind that available options may vary based on your account plan and selected payment method. Your account plan might not support some options. For more information about which options are available for your account, you can review your account plan with your Account Team or contact DocuSign customer support

Here are some additional resources that you might find useful:

Saving multiple signatures

How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature?

Change your signature

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator