Skip to main content

When setting up an envelope to include an Access Code the recipient is presented with a ID Check - Personal Information which requests home address information using USA mail format.  Is there a way to change to other countries e.g. Canada?

Hello @Fredbusy

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand the importance of setting the authentication method as needed. I understand that you want to know if it is possible to change the mail format to be changed to another country format.

To clarify, by ID check are you referring to the Knowledge-Based Authentication, where the system prompts a set of questions to the signer, or to ID Verification that enables the sender to request to the signer a valid form of ID as part of the authentication?

More information at Recipient Identity Verification.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for the reply.  I only have the standard plan.  So I assume that means only those with US addresses can take advantage of the authentication option?  

I really only need to let the receiver know the code to open the DocuSign to complete signing.  Is there a way to do this on a standard account?

Thank you,

Brad Baird

Hello @Fredbusy

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but if you are referring to the KBA then yes, and also to clarify, for the access code are you using the Access Code or the SMS Authentication that generates an access code?

Best regards,

Hi.  As I only have a standard plan and reside in Canada, is it possible to simply generate a code to inform a recipient to use to enter a document for signing?  I am able to set a code, I just want to be able to bypass the second factor questions asked.

Hello @Fredbusy

Based on the screenshot provided, you do not have the extra verification to be set as you send the envelope you only have the access code, can you provide an envelope ID for one of the envelopes that presented the double verification?

Best regards,

Hello Christopher,

Unfortunately I deleted those practice files, but could recreate them. This is how I think I should set things up under Authentication.  Again, I would be happy with just providing a code to recipients with no additional requirements.

Thanks,

Hello @Fredbusy

Would it possible for you to recreate them and provide the envelope ID?

Best regards,

Hi Christopher,

The envelope ID is: 33A8D87AC1D244B7A0B2708C040C3FFE

Funny enough, it is now working, I don’t know if it was because my computer updated or I the setting wrong!

Even though I also set a code for myself as the sender the code requirement was bypassed, which makes sense.

Brad

Hello @Fredbusy

If you send, another one do you get the same result?

Best regards,

Yes, everything seems to be good.  Thank you!

Brad

Hello @Fredbusy

Glad to hear that, let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,