Skip to main content
I have sent a document to a client. They would like to review and manually print the document before signing.
As I cannot see what they view, is there an option for them to do so before automatically being taken to the signature tabs.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand you would like a way for the recipient to review the document so that they can print and sign it.

First, I recommend the recipient use our Print and Sign feature so that you don't need to void the envelope or so that it can continue the signing order: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=yca1573855023892&topicId=wdr1573855014901.html&_LANG=enus

Unfortunately no, once they open the link they will be taken to the document with the fields, if they want to review the documents on their computer before signing and without the fields, you would need to send the blank document via email.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

If i'm understanding your link correctly, there is an 'other actions' tab for them to print and sign, but if they cancel they can still electronically sign?

I will have to send a document to a colleague to see this in action.

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

That is correct, and to answer your question, if you send the document via a normal email they can always print, sign and scan the document, if you send via DocuSign, and they decline to sign after downloading the document they can always print the document and send to you via email, however, you will lose an envelope from your purchased envelopes.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!