Skip to main content
I have been asked to provide a summary certificate along with the certificate of completion but I can't see it when I look at the 'history'. Can anyone help me in locating the summary certificate please? The recipient requires the 'passed status'.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I understand your recipient is looking for a Summary Certificate.

Is the recipient trying to get the 'passed status' when opening the completed document in Adobe?

Please note that the Summary Certificate is the Certificate of Completion (DocuSign does not offer any other certificate with the completed documents): https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=gpa1578456339545.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you Nathaly,

Yes, the recipient is asking for the 'passed status'. Can you tell me where I can locate this please?

Kind Regards

Donna Bourne

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

As mentioned previously, the Summary Certificate is the Certificate of Completion. If they are getting an invalid signature or so when opening up the PDF in Adobe, please have them do the steps provided in the following article: https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/Standards-Based-Signatures-At-Least-One-Signature-has-Problems?language=en_US

Best regards,

Hi Nathaly,

Thank you for your response.

I am a bit confused.

I downloaded the certificate of completion and saved it as a PDF, attached it to an email and sent to them. They are now saying that the summary certificate was not included as they need to see the 'passed status'.

Can you tell me where I can find the passed status to send to them please?

Kind Regards

David

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

The 'passed status' is usually given by the Adobe application to verify that the signatures are real. Sometimes the signatures are not validated due to the Certificate of Completion (or what your signers call 'Summary Certificate') is not included in that PDF, and not downloaded as combined. Or if they are downloading as separate or are already combined, then they should perform the steps provided in the link in my comment before this one.

If the certificate is not added when trying to download as combined, please have your account admin go to:

1. Settings
  2. Signing Settings
  3. Enable "Attach certificate of completion to envelope": https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=fur1583277359739.html&_LANG=enus
  4. Save

Best regards,