Skip to main content
I have 7 tenants and 7 guarantors all needing to sign a lease. How do I do the additional signature fields?

Based on your description you have an Envelope with a single document that needs 14 signatures. Create the envelope, add 14 Recipients as "Needs to Sign", I always suggest a Signing Order but if you do not "require" signatures to be in a very specific location then you can use parallel signing (meaning do not use Signing Order), add email subject and body, go to Next and add fields or tags for each Recipient. Each Recipient is represented by a different color in the upper left corner dropdown. The first Recipient is defaulted so you add a Signature field where you want Recipient 1 to sign, then change the dropdown to Recipient 2, add signature field and repeat for each of the remaining Recipients. Once all fields have been added you Send.

If you used Signing Order then the envelope proceeds through each Recipient one at a time, once a Recipient completes an action the Next Recipient gets notified and takes and action. If not using Signing Order then any Recipient can take action and complete in parallel, basically all Recipients get notified to sign or take action at the same time.

Thanks so much. I'm going to try now...just seems that every time I add recipient to list it keeps changing the email addresses. But I appreciate your answering and I'll do my best.