Skip to main content

So, does the option for multiple parties to sign only work when they have separate email addresses? Or, is it possible for two parties (or more) to sign individually via the same email address.

Since I added two recipients, used the same email address, and had this accepted by DocuSign I thought that it might send two emails to the same email address. The first one would be for the attention of Party 1, and the second email would for the attention of Party 2. This did not seem to work!

Any ideas? Must multiple signatories have separate email addresses?

Hi there

Yes it is possible to send the envelope to 2 signers with same email address. What I typically recommend you also do is to use the additional feature Access Code or one of the automated SMS/Phone service. The SMS/Phone service is chargeable and the Access Code is free.

So what you would do is have Mr Smith - smith@mail.com Access Code : 1234 then Mrs Smith smith@mail.com Access Code 4321

Also in the email subject line change the title so that it will show the signer name use the merge fields on the right hand side of the subject box.

Provide the codes outwith the email so call or send it to them in message.

So when they get the email they can see which one should sign and then thay have to enter the correct code to sign.

Hope that helps.

Regards