Skip to main content

I know it is intigrations, but it is the handoff that fumbles and I am in one of those get it done now or well, i won’t be needed any more

I am trying to get contracts to clients through zipformsplus and all the stuff is ready, so I hit next to tag signatures and such, but i get a mesage submisssion failed to docusign

Hello @NoSubmissionAccepted ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear you are getting an error, I understand this happens when you try to send a document through ZipForms.

This error is occurring because you do not have permission to send envelopes in DocuSign. In other words, you may be in the DS Sender permission profile, but the "Send envelopes" permission is not checked in that permission profile. 

To resolve this error, an account admin will need to momentarily remove the user from the permission profile, save, then immediately place them back into the permission profile and save again.

If they are using a custom permission profile, please make sure they have the Send Envelopes permission included in the profile by using the same steps above.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @NoSubmissionAccepted ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

i have the same issue now. It was working fine as late as 2 weeks ago. What is the “permisson profile” in the answer. Where is it located? And who has access to this permission profile?

Thank you.

Hello @khiem ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear you are getting the same error.

Only an admin of the account can change the permission profile of a user, they can find the option by going to Settings > Users and Groups > Permission Profiles: View and Edit Permission Profiles

Please note, if you do not know who your admin is, please contact your help deck or your IT team.

Best regards,

Hello @khiem ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator

Hello there,

I have the same problem. It’s been working fine for me for years, but recently this issue happened and I have not touched any profiles etc. I am the only user. there’s no organization IT for this account. Please help me to resolve this issue. I have looked at permission profile, it’s not editable. There’s only 1 User under DS Admin and it’s set to allow sending envelopes. 

This error “submission failed” is from zipforms to submit to docusign.

Hello @khiem ,

Thank you for reaching back.

If your permissions are correct but is still seeing the error in zipForm, it may be associated with multiple accounts under the same email address. Selecting to set the desired account as your default (within Preferences) may resolve the issue. If not, please contact customer support to check for any duplicate or free accounts you may be associated with.

You can open a Customer Support case by clicking the link below, and we’ll address your request as soon as possible. https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

1. Select Open a Support Case at the top of the page.
  2. Select the Continue button beneath eSignature, Rooms, and CLM. Note: If you're a DoD customer, select DoD Customer Login.
  3. Log in using your Product credentials (email and password) and select Continue:
    1. The Docusign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or Sandbox environment).
    2. Have issues logging in? Try these troubleshooting steps.
  4. Select a Case Subject. Note: If you have multiple Docusign accounts, a pop-up will appear. Select an account to continue.
  5. Select any of the resources under ‘Need Answers Fast?’ that address your issue.
  6. If that doesn't answer your question, select the Add Case Details button.          
  7. Complete the case form.

Best regards,