Skip to main content
Question

How to tell the difference between Simple (Standard), Advanced and Qualified type of signature

• 23 August 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello

At the bank I work at, we only accept documents signed with Advanced or Qualified type of signature. When looking at the signed document and the certificate of completion, how I can tell which type of signature I am looking at? thank you

Hello @Larry,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

This is normally shown in the Signer Events section of the Certificate of Completion, please see the attachment.

Also, it will show in the envelope history.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello @Larry,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

This is normally shown in the Signer Events section of the Certificate of Completion, please see the attachment.

Also, it will show in the envelope history.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Best regards,

Thank you Christopher for your swift response. I have the following clarifying questions:

(1) is this information in Signer events 100% reliable? generally speaking, can we say that if we don't see “Signature type: Qualified” it means it is not a qualified signature? or it depends….

(2) could you please also provide a similar visual example of an advanced signature and its visual identifiers on the certificate?

Thank you again!

you also can check the signature panel, if there only one docusign certificate, it is Standard. 

AES/QES should also be find certificates for the recipients, not only docusign certificate.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

Hello @Larry,

Thank you for reaching back, Yes the signer events are accurate, besides the screenshot that I showed you, you can also find this:
Standard signature = DS Electronic
AES = Digital Certificate and the Signature Type is "Protect and Sign"
QES = DOCUSIGN CLOUD SIGNING CA - SI1”

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Larry,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution or if the information provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,