Skip to main content

hello, i first send the doc to the recipient and once signed how do i sign it myself? will it be counted as 2 docs or one? and  do i create a field for my signature before i send out to the client? or once i receive it back? thank tyou 

Hello, @natalialuv 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

To add your recipient’s esignature, you need add yourself as one of the recipients. If you would like to sign as the last one so you should enable the Signing Order checkbox when creating your envelope. After adding yourself as one of the recipients, in the document area you can select your user from a top left corner dropdown list where you can see all recipients then pick up your used then add the Sign Here and other fields.

In case you already sent an envelope without adding yourself in the recipient list, you need to use the Correct option. However, the Correct option is only available for not Completed envelopes, if the envelope is already in Complete status you cannot change anything else, you will need to send another one with the documents and the recipients including yourself. 

You are not charged by number of documents in an envelope so you can add many documents in the same envelope, you are charged by Envelope SENT.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @natalialuv,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.