Skip to main content

How to send a word document in which the signatory put their own name, and address to the word document, then sign it?  

Hi Ying,

Thanks for the question! When you create a DocuSign “Envelope” transaction, the process is to: add the document, add the signer recipient, then place DocuSign fields onto the document in a drag-and-drop fashion at the desired locations on the document. There are a wide variety of field types to choose from, including Text fields that would allow your signer to type in the information you’re requesting. 

If you send the document frequently and don’t want to manually create all aspects of the envelope each time you send it out, you could also consider creating a DocuSign Template. A template enables you to then quickly create and send an envelope without having to configure everything from scratch each time you need to send it to someone.

Here’s some documentation I hope you find helpful

1. How to send a DocuSign document
  2. Working with Templates

If you find this answer helpful, please consider selecting the “Best Answer” option below.

Thank you!

Hello @Ying,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, this is a follow-up to your post, I understand that you want to send a Word document in which the signatory puts their name, and address to the Word document, then sign it.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Ying,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.