Skip to main content

I will need to create 50 unique envelopes that will have a signing order of at minimum 4 signers, usually 5. While the first 2 to 3 signers will change for every envelope, the last two signers will remain constant. The email messages to all signers will remain the same for all 50 envelopes. How can I save the recipient set up (signing order, emails, etc.) and messages so that I do not have to copy and paste all of this 50 times? I do not think I can use a template, because the actual documents in the envelope are unique, pre-populated agreements. Please help!

Hi Cathrin, 

Templates will work well for this scenario! When creating a template:

• You can either use a blank document, no document, or one version of the document that you will be sending. When you actually use the template to send out the individual envelopes you can replace the document in the template with the unique document. 
    • Using a placeholder document will allow you to lay out any fields on the document. Check out AutoPlace fields if your fields are consistent from document to document, but the location changes. 
  • You can set up your recipients on the template to be a mix of pre-populated recipients (last 2 signers) and blank recipients (first 1-3 signers).
    • You can put a role name for the first 1-3 signers (signer 1, signer 2, signer 3) but leave the name and email field blank. When using the template to send individual envelopes, you can input the unique name and email address for that specific envelope.
    • You can put the name and email address directly into the template for the last 2 signers, so every time you use the template, those recipients are always populated.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!!