Skip to main content

I am a tenant and the realtor sent me my lease to sign. After signing, he did not send me my own copy after he has verified it. He did not send me a copy and I did not download the document I signed. The link has expired. Is there any means by which I can have a copy of what I signed?

Do you register DocuSign account before they send you the envelope?

1. Check Your Email: Start by thoroughly checking your email inbox, spam, or trash folders to see if a copy of the signed document was sent to you by the realtor or by DocuSign at any point. Search your email using keywords like "DocuSign," "lease agreement," or the realtor’s name.

2. DocuSign Account: If you have a DocuSign account, log in and navigate to the ‘Documents’ or ‘Completed’ section to find your document.

3. Contact the Sender: Reach out to your realtor and request them to resend or share the document again. Realtors usually keep a signed copy of the lease and should be able to provide you with a new copy.

4. DocuSign Customer Support: If you cannot retrieve the document through the above methods, consider contacting DocuSign customer support for assistance. 

Hi @Clovis,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher, I really do need help on this.

Hello @Clovis

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you need to access an envelope that was sent to you by your realtor.

Are you able to locate the envelope notification in your email?

When you click on the expire notification link the system should send you a new link to access the envelope that you are requiring.

For unauthenticated users, as a security measure, the envelope links in email notifications automatically expire after five clicks or 48 hours. Signers can easily request a new link, or, if they have a Docusign account, they can access the document by logging into their account, even if the email link has expired.

If you add an access code, the code remains the same for any new link generated. If your account security settings require signers to authenticate every time they view documents, then the link will not expire.

For more information on email notification link expiration, see this Support article.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.