Skip to main content

I have a document that I usually send to my customers, this document has 5 differents blanks to be completed from the customer: name, last name, ID, phone number, and address.

Unfortunately, I have a few clients who tend to put their name in a bad way (they are old age people), I don’t want to send them the envelope from zero to be completed again (the 5 blanks), what can I do to resend the document but only to put the client to complete not the 5 blanks, just only 1.

Is this possible? 

Looking forward to your comments! 

Best, 

@Jorge The best option in your situation would be to “Copy with Field data” on the old envelope which creates a new envelope with the data that was entered by the Recipients who finished their actions, then before you send that envelope, fill out or remove data that was incorrect so the Recipient can refill or just accept the data.  The original incorrect envelope should be voided after sending out the new copy of the envelope.

Thank you very much @David.Schmitz ! I think this option can help!  

I made other investigations regarding this topic, and I also found use Webforms so the client can put their information and before confirm it to be send to a document, the client can have the chance to verify and change all the information. 

Another way I see can work is by using the functionality “collaborative fields” so the agent can check and review the information and request changes. 

Do these options also make sense to you? 

Thank you for the help! 

@Jorge Collaborative fields are great, the usage of which just needs to be setup prior to sending the envelope and I would incorporate the use of just specific Recipients who can make changes to those fields so as to be sure the right individuals are able to take action and others are not.

Amazing thank you very much @David.Schmitz, really appreciate your help! 

Best regards, 

Hi @Jorge,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!