Skip to main content

I have completion emails with the documents & summary attached turned on for signers. However I’ve noticed if one of the signers has a DocuSign account they do not receive the completion email. Is this normal? Is there a way to ensure that ALL signers regardless of account status get the completion email with the documents & summary attached?

I believe I have all the required settings on:

EDIT: Ok so I’ve done additional test cases and it looks like it’s not anyone who has a DocuSIgn account. Rather it’s if the envelope sender is also a signer with a DocuSIgn accoutn then the envelope sender does not get a completion email.

I started an envelope with 3 signers:

1. myself using my docusign account
  2. my supervisor who also has a docusign account
  3. my personal email address who does not have a docusign account.

The envelope history shows that only signers 2 and 3 were sent completion emails with pdf copies of the documents. 

The support article around the delivery settings suggests that this should not be the case: Envelope Delivery (docusign.com)

“Attach documents to completion email: When selected all the completed documents are included in the completed email sent to senders and signers as PDF file attachments. To include the Certificate of Completion along with the documents, you must also select the setting Attach certificate of completion to envelope.”

Is this a bug or am I grossly misunderstanding something here?

@gulf5724 people with their own DocuSign accounts can receive completion envelope. If they do not receive them, please confirm whether they have entered the spam box or the email system, and whether there is any obstruction

@gulf5724 people with their own DocuSign accounts can receive completion envelope. If they do not receive them, please confirm whether they have entered the spam box or the email system, and whether there is any obstruction

I made a reply to my post since I couldn’t edit it but it seems the mods never approved it…

I’ve narrowed the behavior down further. In my testing it appears that if the envelope sender is also a signer on the envelope they don’t get the completion email. 

Interestingly this only seems to affect my dev environment, the production environment appears to send the completion email to all 3 as expected.

I would receive quarantine notices if the email was caught in a spam filter. I can clearly see from the envelope history that the dev environment simply does not even attempt to send the envelope to the 1st signer.

As you can see the first event in the screenshot is the final party signing. Then it sends the document/summary to signer 2 and signer 3. There is no attempt made to send the document to signer 1.

Hello @gulf5724,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Would it be possible for you to provide the envelope ID for the envelopes that is presenting the behavior?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello @gulf5724,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Would it be possible for you to provide the envelope ID for the envelopes that is presenting the behavior?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I am the DocuSign administrator for my org. Providing completion envelopes is not an advanced feature unavailable in our plan.

The envelope ID of this test is: 20748406-c1f0-42e7-a1de-2be6f0f16096

It seems to work in production which is the important part.