Skip to main content

Hi all - I send envelopes with documents to be signed regularly, but certain documents contain sensitive information that I don't want floating around in an email.

However, when you send an envelope with documents to be signed, and the signing is completed, the confirmation email contains a copy of the document as an attachment. I do not want this to happen since one would presume Docusign emails are unencrypted (if I'm wrong, please correct me). All I want is for everything to be links and there never be an email attachment at any part of the process.

Would really appreciate any help or advice.

Thank you!

I have two answers for you.

First, DocuSign uses TLS to encrypt emails. However, the receiving mail server must be able to process them. If not, the email defaults to an unencrypted version. So, you are correct to be concerned about attaching sensitive documents.

Second, as a standard practice, you should NOT include any documents for the Completion email sent. This is a DocuSign Account setting that you can change. Follow this article and look under the heading "Envelope Delivery" for "Attach documents to completion email" to understand how to disable these attachments: https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-admin-guide-signing-settings

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,

Arash Sayadi

Thanks so much, looks like your second answer is the solution I need. Unfortunately, it appears you need admin privileges to alter those settings, which I don't have. I'll reach out to our company account administrator and see if we can get this addressed.

Thanks again,

Douglas

Cool!

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Take care,

Arash Sayadi