Skip to main content
How do you add a date to a document that has already been signed by Docu-sign?
If not possible, how can you send out a document by Docu-sign and date it later? (i.e. is there a field that can be completed at a later point?)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know how you add a date to a document that has already been signed by DocuSign.

There is no option to make corrections or edit a completed envelope, you can use the forward option to send the envelope to yourself and add the date needed, you can use the option Sign a Document, or you will need to recreate the whole envelope.

The options mentioned above will create a new envelope.

More information at Forward a Completed EnvelopeCopy Envelopes, and https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-sign-a-document.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.