Skip to main content

How do I bypass printing a signed doc? I am prevented from directly downloading - Absurd

I dont want to burn 30 pages every time I have a deal! Trying to be paperless. Why does Docusign require me to print and not directly save to PDF?????

Hello, @AlanF 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

Docusign is a paperless company so our focus is to save trees, and the nature at all.

On the other hand, there are certain types of business where the contract must be download to someone who does not have access to sign electronically or other reasons, sign in a paper then scan all those pages to upload it in the envelope. Your message does not mention what type of contract or business are involved.

Anyway, who sent the envelope (Sender) can configure to not ask to sign on paper so that option will not show up as a requirement. As an Admin, it’s possible to configure for the envelopes never has that option enabled. So, in summary, the Sender of your envelope is using the option Signing on paper, but as I explained that can be configured.

Let me know if I answered your question, please.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi Alan:

Do you have the option to “print to PDF”? (ie - you choose “print’ then instead of a printer you select ‘save as PDF’). Which amounts to downloading, but with an extra few clicks…

good luck

MR1

Hi @AlanF,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.