Skip to main content
How do I add witnesses for signers? The option does not appear. I have a paid business account. I am in Canada...this is the reason I bought the account!

Hi 

They have an option for Witness Signatures that need to be enabled on your account. Check Settings > Sending Settings and do you have Witness enabled.

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-sign-with-witness

Regards

Thank you so much for the fast response!

I had initially checked settings, and just now went back in and went through the long list. There is no witness setting (not even greyed out)!

And I cannot find any mention of the witness feature in any of the plans (in case I needed to temporarily upgrade from business to super diamond platinum to get it done)

I've submitted a support case now

There are 2 options.

1. Use the feature they have developed which works.
  2. Use workaround which is send the document to the person as Specify and then Sign and they enter the details for the witness. This issue with this workaround is that the witness may also see the documents so you need to look at using document visibility.

This is ridiculous. I have read the guide - it doesn't match my screen. There is no option. I have read this discussion. I have hunted through Settings. I cannot find one. I have wasted more than an hour so far. I don't need a 'work round' - I need software that does what it says it does. I can't even log a full support request without an envelope number etc, and I don't get an envelope number until I send the envelope, and I don't want to send the envelope when it is not ready to action. (In the end I sent the envelope with a message to clients to say 'Don't sign this!" How mickey mouse is that???? This is internationally-used and marketed software and this is appalling.

Did you purchase the add on for ewitness?

Im in the same boat at. Absolutely ridiculous situation. Honestly this is the worst software i've used in two years. I have the Business Pro account and can't do something as basic as add a witness.

The e-witness is an add-on package to nearly all editions if you wanted the full functions that it provides. I think is does say on the list of options on the pricing section what is and what is not included in the various editions.

I can't find any way to add on the e-witness package online. Im already on the top Business account I could buy online and can't get something as simple as witnesses. I don't want to contact sales for what should be a standard feature.

I've cancelled, won't use this product again.

The feature is an add-on not standard. Not everybody needs to use the witness functions so why add something that 80% of people will need to switch off?

I know other companies provide this but again I know it is not a standard option on most its an additional option / add-on. For an example I just rented a car but I choose to switch to winter tyres and not snow chains. Snow chains are standard included but I wanted the better option so I asked and paid more.

Regards
Robert

I've found myself back at this same page while hunting for an answer on something else. This problem also still exists for me and it should be simple to solve. If it's simple eg an upgrade is needed, why isn't that offered more clearly instead of having to hunt for it?