Skip to main content
Question

Holding in escrow

• 3 September 2024
  • 4 replies

I have one document (confidentiality document) that needs to be signed by individual employees but then countersigned by one manager.

How do I hold all documents until they are signed by the first group to release at once to the last signatory so they can sign all at once. Otherwise they get a full “in box” with all the individual documents. 

Hi @Lynn C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

For this scenario I would recommend you set a Signing Order, in this way your employees can sign their portion of the documents, and once they have completed it, the envelope will then be sent to the manager to countersign. For detailed steps on how to set a Signing Order, see:

Set a Signing Order

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

This doesn't answer my question. If I have 10 employees and I set up a signing order, then the manager gets 10 emails to counter sign each individually. I want to collect all 10, and then release to the manager at one time for her signature.

@Lynn C 

Not sure if this will work for you - but you can ‘add a delay’ between 1st and 2nd signer. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=mdw1647981067000.html&_LANG=enus

It’s an ‘advanced feature’ - so I’m guessing it’s limited to a higher tier customer.

Perhaps, as a workaround, you could add an intermediate “signer’ between employees and manager - that way you could create a bottleneck in the process until the employees are done and then let everything flow to the manager…?

good luck

mr1

Hi @Lynn C,

Thank you for following up.

If you are looking for all the signatures to be saved in the same envelope, then using a signing order in which your manager is positioned as the last recipient will generate only 1 email notification. Whereas if you look to have all the signatures saved in individual envelopes,, there will always be 1 notification per envelope.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,
Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  
Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!