Skip to main content
Hi how can a recipient change the email of a witness on docusign?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

When you send an envelope with a witness, the signer completes the witness information. They enter the name and contact information for the witness, and can add their own private message to the witness. 

If the signer already specified the witness email and finished signing the envelope they won't be able to go back and edit the witness email, if changes need to be made the sender will need to be contacted.

The sender can correct and specify the witness at this stage but the signer won't be able to.

If you do not have the sender’s information to get in touch with, you can always reply to the email you received, DocuSign sends email notifications on behalf of its users, if you reply to the email you received about the envelope the sender should receive it. 

Here are some resources you might find useful:

How do I contact the sender?

DocuSign eWitness Q&A 

Include a Witness for a Signer: DocuSign eSignature User Guide

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator