Skip to main content
hi admin,

signer 1 is myself. but i can not sign. it shows "unable to start signing process"

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

The error shown in the screenshot is a non-descriptive error, something is not allowing you to sign the envelope.

You can try the following to verify if the issue gets resolved:

1. Copy the hyperlink of the envelope invitation and open it in an incognito window (if using chrome).

2. Clear cookies and cache.

3. Use a different browser.

4. Try a different device.

5. Use a different network connection, if the VPN is enabled, you can disconnect it to retry.

6. Verify that your browser has cookies enabled and also allow third-party cookies.

7. Verify that your browser is under the latest version

If the issue persists, I suggest you create a case with our customer support team, so they can investigate the behavior, you might be asked to provide the affected  Envelope ID, API logs, and a network trace log.

You might find the following information useful:

Common signing issues

How do I clear the Cache and Cookies in my Browser?

System requirements for signing

How do I Sign using a non default browser?

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator