Skip to main content

I created an “envelope” and sent it to my Clients. They had changes they needed made and when I went back to update it (“correct” it), it appears I’m no longer the creator of that “envelope.” Not sure what happened.

@JennK Do you still have access to the envelope under your Inbox or through Shared envelope/access or perhaps a notification.  If not check with your DocuSign Admin who can find the envelope and provide the Envelope History on who made changes and potentially reassigned the envelope.

Hi, thank you for your response. I went back to the signing and because I was one of the ‘signers’ -- I found I had four options: sign, move, history and delete. I looked at ‘history’ and I can see that when my client opened the signing and called me with questions, after that, a person (who I don’t know) transferred ownership of the envelope. Strange, huh?!

@JennK That narrows it down as only two types of Users should be able to re-assign the Ownership of an envelope and that would be a person who is your DocuSign Admin or has shared access to your envelopes with the proper permission level that can send on your behalf. Also possible if a Recipient was set to “Allow to Edit” they have the same permissions as the Sender but I have never tested that theory.

Hi @JennK,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!