Skip to main content

I use DS for signing contracts for the sale of property. Often the purchaser of a property will want their Solicitor to view the document before signing. If I add the Solicitor first as “receives a copy” they can’t see the detail on the second recipient (the purchaser). I ideally don’t want the Solicitor to have to sign anything (as most won’t).

Any suggestions of how to get around this issue.

Hello @Philip M ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the Receives a Copy role is not as expected, I understand some purchasers would like their Solicitor to view information.

Now, to provide you an accurate answer, would you be so kind as to provide me more information?

Is the information the Solicitor needs to see added by the Sender of the envelope or by the Purchaser?

If it is added by the Purchaser then the Solicitor would needed to be added as second in the signing order with a Receives a Copy role: Set a Signing Order

If the sender enters the information, there is a feature called “When an envelope is sent, write the initial value of the fields for all recipients” that can be enabled by the account admin by going to Settings > Sending Settings: Fields and Properties

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you for taking the time to write this. It seems we are using a third party integration that does not allow us to make those changes. I appreciated your help.

Hello @Philip M ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I’m sorry to hear that your third party integrations does not allow any changes, please feel free to post again in the community if you have any questions or an issue has appeared. I hope you have a great day!

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!