Skip to main content

I receive reports (in pdf format) from vendors that were esigned via DocuSign. I am unable to submit these pdf reports to FDA electronically, since the pdfs are considered protected files (security settings or password protection cannot be activated). As a DocuSign user (I have both Part 11 and non-regulated accounts), is there a way that I can remove these protections from the pdfs, while retaining the signatures within the report?

A colleague commented that the person who initiates a workflow, can remove the security settings from the DocuSign document, however I can’t find this feature in my DocuSign account.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hi @BayAreaUser,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

Once a document has been uploaded to Docusign, it will accept no alterations to its configuration without voiding the signatures in it. 

As a workaround to this behavior, you could look into printing your document to PDF, which will generate a copy of the document without the protected version of the signatures. You can find detailed steps on this process, here:

Print to PDF 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

I am having the same problem and have used this program for years.  Always says Submission Failed when I proceed.  

Hi @D Nardi,

Thank you for sharing your experience?

Have you tried the Print to PDF option? And, if you have, what results did you get?

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!