Skip to main content

Hello all,

Please let me know if Docusign is available in China?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that want to know if DocuSign is valid in China.

The People's Republic of China (“PRC”) enacted the Electronic Signature Law ("ESL") in 2004, with significant revisions following in 2015 and 2019. The ESL states that the legal effect of a document shall not be denied because the form of electronic signature has been adopted so long as the parties agree to the use of electronic signatures (ESL, article 3). The PRC Human Resources and Social Security Department released the Circular on Issues relating to Signing Electronic Employment Agreement in March 2020.

More information at https://www.docusign.com/products/electronic-signature/legality/china

DISCLAIMER: The information on this site is for general information purposes only and is not intended to serve as legal advice. Laws governing the subject matter may change quickly, so DocuSign cannot guarantee that all the information on this site is current or correct. Should you have specific legal questions about any of the information on this site, you should consult with a licensed attorney in your area.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello Christopher,

Your answer is not responsive to the question.

Please review the requirements of Article 18 of the Electronic Signature Law of the People's Republic of China.

Is DocuSign recognized by the Chinese government as an authorized electronic verification service?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience,  the information on this site is for general information purposes only and is not intended to serve as legal advice. Laws governing the subject matter may change quickly, so DocuSign cannot guarantee that all the information on this site is current or correct. Should you have specific legal questions about any of the information on this site, you should consult with a licensed attorney in your area.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello Christopher,

I'm not asking for legal advice. I'm asking whether DocuSign has received formal certification for operation in China? If you don't have it, then your signature service is not valid for use in China.