Skip to main content

I uploaded several PDF documents into an envelope and inserted a signature field into one of them. When I click on "Send", I get the above error message.

None of the PDF documents are digitally signed. The error message occurs even when I delete all the PDF documents and replace the contract with a Word document.

What else could I try to be able to send the envelope?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to send your document due to this error, but I'll gladly help you get to the bottom of the issue.

Upon some research, I was able to find several cases in which this error appeared due to having the Standards Based Signatures and Markup features enabled at the same time.

In order to confirm if this applies to your case we will need to take a closer look at your account setup.

To prevent any personal information from being compromised throughout the interaction, please open a new support case to move forward with the process.

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Dear Alejandro, thank you for your quick reply. I have since found out that the error must be in the template I had used. Without template the sending of the documents works. If the error still occurs again, I will open a new support case.