Skip to main content
Question

Error saving the scratchpad changes to the database

Error saving the scratchpad changes to the database. can not send the letter for sign because of this error

I am having the same issue and it is causing significant delays.  Can someone please help?

I am also having this Error at the moment. Please can Docusign reply to this and fix the Error?

Hi @UpstateYouth,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue? 

If so, we would appreciate if you could share the steps you followed and mark the comment as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

I am facing the same issue. Did anyone manage to resolve it?

I am trying to correct a (very bulky) envelope but keep getting this error ‘Error saving the scratchpad changes to the database.’ too. A solution would be much appreciated.

Hi @Maurits Bos and @suhaskhullar,

Thank you for following up.

This error is usually triggered by a correction not being saved properly, to correct it it is recommended to start a new correction and either discard or save the changes made. If this does not fix the issue, then the envelope will need to be recreated.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

I'm having the same issue.  I have to update the email address of just one recipient, so i correct the envelope, change the email, go to next where you see the document, then try to hit next again and get this error.  Alejandro's suggestion of just recreate the envelope won't work for me as i already have had over half of the 20 or so recipients sign it.

Surely there is another way.  Can docusign support change the email address for me?

Hi @Ringwaldt,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this error preventing you from completing your envelope. Due to security and privacy regulations Docusign Support is unable to view or edit data in your envelopes. Our tools report mostly account metadata, in an effort to have as little exposure to your document’s data as possible, while still being able to interact with it when needed and within these limitations.

If you have followed the steps provided in the previous comments, but haven’t been able to solve the issue. You might benefit from having a live session with a Support Expert, over a screen sharing session, or phone call, that can be scheduled by filing out the form provided below:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you cannot open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

I just started getting this message when I am trying to update my templates.  I am now getting a too many recipients error. I can manually add signatures but can not use my templates.  Is there a way to correct this?

Hi @Bryan Goldston,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

The behavior you describe is related to an ongoing product issue, currently being tracked through ticket ID SNDFND-7972.

Please reference ticket ID SNDFND-7972 as part of the description of a new support case, an we will gladly provide you with updates related to its status. You can create a new support case by filling out the form provided, here:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,