Skip to main content

I am unable to do the final editing after creating an envelope.  There is no drop-down on the left to add signature fields, info, etc. When I click on Active (Send Now) the icon appears for the option to fill in the form or send blank.  When clicking to fill out the form, the form icon disappears & nothing happens.

This is on my laptop Windows 10

Hi @NG Whaley,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to send your envelope due to not being able to add fields to your document, but I will assist you in solving the issue.

This behavior is usually caused by not entering the recipient’s name and email during the Add Recipients step of the envelope creation process. If you started your envelope within the eSignature website’s dashboard in Manage>Start>Envelopes>Send Envelope, you should be able to successfully send an envelope by following the steps provided below:

Sending Documents for Signature

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you so much for your reply.  After 3 days of searching, clearing out cache & shuting down, I  changed browsers & it is working fine. NG.

Hi @NG Whaley,

Thank you for following up.

I appreciate you taking the time of sharing the solution to your issue. It would be really useful to future users facing this scenario if you could pick your last response as the “Best answer” this makes it easier to find when searching for this issue in the DocuSign Community.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you so much!

NG