Skip to main content

Hello DocuSign Community!

We've recently implemented DocuSign Enterprise in our organization and I'm looking for some guidance on customizing an eSignature workflow. Our process involves credit/lending memos that require signatures from our executive team.

Here's the setup we need:

• We have 6 executives who are eligible to sign each memo.
  • The memo is considered approved after 3 signatures, but all 6 executives should still have the chance to sign or ignore it (not sign) within a set timeframe (X days).
  • We require the DocuSign envelope to remain open for the entire duration, even after reaching the minimum 3 signatures, to audit the actions of all 6 signers.
  • A specific individual will manage sending and collecting the document. The envelope should only close after X days or through manual intervention by this person. The final document, with the recorded actions of all 6 signers, will be sent back for our records after the envelope closes.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to configure this in DocuSign. Are there built-in features/options or create a custom form and workflow? Any advice on setting this up or pointing me towards relevant documentation or tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

@Eric  In general I think this would be pretty easy to setup based on the criteria and that you noted one individual is responsible to send and manage the envelope(s).

I would suggest a Template, created with six Recipients set to the individuals Names and Email addresses of the executives. In this situation I would assign these six executives the same signing order or if they are the only Recipients that no signing order is used. This allows the six executives to sign at anytime and no waiting on a specific order or action to occur. Envelopes have a default expiration so you can set or increase that to whatever value and then when the appropriate time comes for the envelope to be reviewed the Sender can remove the Recipients who have not taken action which would either move the envelope forward (if there are other Recipients) or complete the envelope.  Only the Recipients who have not taken action can be removed from the incomplete envelope in order to complete the envelope.

The only item which cannot be covered is the “close after X days”. Envelopes can be set to Expire (void) but they cannot automatically move forward if a Recipient(s) has not taken action. The envelope would need to be reviewed and corrected.

Thank you, I will try this out! I have another question regarding the PDF memo that requires signing. It will always be uploaded with new content, but the page number will vary based on the supporting materials included in the memo, such as pictures and reports. 

Would it be possible for the individual preparing to send out the documents to use a dynamic template? This template would automatically detect where in the Word or PDF document the signature locations.

I don’t want the user to have to manually navigate to the memo location and map out the signatures. I’m very new to all this, so I apologize for the basic questions. I just want to make sure this is all feasible and will play around with it.

@Eric Yes, there is a DocuSign feature that is called “Autoplace Fields” which uses a custom field to match to document text to drop fields into specific locations. Link below:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=ytr1578456405118.html&_LANG=enus

Hi @Eric,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.