Skip to main content

When I send an envelope all recipients (signer and copy received) receive an email notification; however I’ve noticed that when I correct an envelope and resend only the signer is receiving the email notification and not those that are copied. How do I change it so all recipients receive the email notification when an envelope is resent? Thank you. 

@ChelleS - Did you set a signing order?  Only the recipient to sign next in line will receive the notification.  Once all have signed, anyone set to receive a copy will receive the notification.

It is only one signer, but regardless the envelope is still sent to those copied when it is originally sent. When the envelope is corrected (no changes with the recipients), only the signer receives that notification. 

@ChelleS 

Yes, that is correct and expected behaviour that cannot be configured.

Only those recipients that have been corrected will trigger an email notification from Docusign. The copy recipients will never receive an additional email notification, but they are able to see the change clicking on the link their previous email notification and looking at the envelope in the Docusign eSignature Web App.

Resending an envelope only resends the email notification to the current recipients that have actions pending in the current routing order, typically “Needs to sign” recipients for signing or data input. This does not affect those recipients that receive a copy. They will receive an additional email notification once the envelope is completed.

Hi @ChelleS,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

In the last two weeks as I have sent out a DocuSign for my clients to sign I am not getting a notification when they view the DocuSign nor am I getting a notification of when it is a completed DocuSign. I have checked my settings. I should be getting them as I always have for years now, but they have to tell me they've completed it for me to go in and download my documents. How do I get around this and get back to what it was prior to this debacle

Hi @DeniseChaparteguy,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.