Skip to main content

I am trying to fulfill a business partner request to create email messages referencing other recipients.  I know there are ways to write the [Data:Recipient Name]] but it is different from using an ECF.  Does anyone have a cheat sheet that has all the hacks you can use in the verbiage of email message when using multiple recipients and specific email messages as you progress through the workflow?

Hello @Musha,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand you want to know some email message hacks to customize your email messages.

To better assist you, can you confirm if this is for our eSignature platform or are you using an integration?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you, this is in a console use case, not an integration.  I have 8 recipients with a message addressed to each one of them with different information in their message depending on who it is addressed to.  We have the Sender, then Relationship Manager and then several other recipients. I need to have the signature pull in the 2nd recipient as the signature line.  

Hello @Musha,

Thank you for reaching back.

The only option as you may be aware is To add merge fields to a template message subject, perhaps other users have custom flows that could help you with that. However, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Musha,
As far as I’m aware, while you can pass a recipient’s name/email in an email subject, it is not the same for an email body (would be great if I am wrong!)
I have put together the following events that appear in the brand xml resource file that has meaning for my use. This is a curated list so there’s more, but hopefully this gives you a start.

Common Data fields:

Thank you Dillon, this is exactly what I was looking for!