Skip to main content

Sorry if I am being really dense, but I am new to Docusign and am trying to use it for the first time. I have templates of agreements saved on Docusign as PDFs. I need to edit these to add in specifics, but as the templates are PDFs, how can I edit them? I tried downloading the template but it is a .JSON file and I don't know what program to use to open this. When I go to the Edit section in Docusign the only things I can edit are the names that it is being sent to, I can't edit the document itself.

Thanks for your help guys.

From the first screen you see when you click to Edit the template, there is thumbnail image of the document and you can use the menu within that image to download the document. However, it will still be a .PDF so you will either need a PDF editor or chase down the original author of the document to get a copy of the document in Word.

Thanks for the info! It looks like I need to make the edits in Word, save as PDF, and then upload as a new template to Docusign.

You don't need to take the extra step to save as a .PDF because when you upload any file type to DocuSign, it will be saved in the template or envelope as a .PDF.