Skip to main content

Hello, I am receiving this error on a French Gov site, which I need to electronically sign a document.
error I am getting:
------------------------
Your signature is not valid: The summary was signed with a foreign certificate outside the EU and whose certification authority is not present among those defined in the eIDAS trust lists. Your signature is therefore not considered valid since we cannot find the certification authority of the certificate used among the eIDAS trusted lists. We invite you to contact your signature provider in order to have a compliant signature.
---------------------------------------
What is strange is your company is listed as a valid third party for electronic signatures.
Here is the French gov site that recommends your platform:

https://www.francenum.gouv.fr/guides-et-conseils/pilotage-de-lentreprise/dematerialisation-des-documents/la-signature#avancee

Here is original error message not translated: 

Votre signature n'est pas valide : La synthèse a été signée avec un certificat étranger hors UE et dont l'autorité de certification n'est pas présente parmi celles définies dans les listes de confiance eIDAS. Votre signature n'est donc pas considérée comme valide puisque nous ne retrouvons pas l'autorité de certification du certificat utilisé parmi les listes de confiance eIDAS. Nous vous invitons à vous rapprocher de votre fournisseur de signature afin d'avoir une signature conforme.

Hello @Pete ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are getting an error, I understand this error appears in the French gov site and when you try to sign a document.

Are you the sender of this document? If so, do you have Qualified signatures enabled for that document and overall the account? You can confirm this by:

1. Log in to your DocuSign account.
  2. Click START.
  3. Select Send an envelope.
  4. Upload your documents.
  5. Enter the recipient's name and email address.
  6. Select CUSTOMIZE > Select signature type
  7. Customize the email subject and email message if you want to change the text that shows up by default.
  8. Click NEXT.
  9. Add signature fields to your documents.
  10. Click SEND.

For more information please view: Send documents for qualified signature to provide the highest level of trust to your documents

If your not the sender, confirm with them if they sent the document with the needed signature type.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

​Hello @Pete ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

I am also trying to upload a signed document to a French gov website - https://procedures.inpi.fr/?/ (INPI)  -and I get the same rejection notice as @Pete.

I followed @nathaly.monge’s instructions, but the doc was rejected.

The document has to be uploaded to the INPI site not emailed to someone.

As @Pete said, DocusignFrance is listed as an approved signature provider here: https://cyber.gouv.fr/obtenir-un-certificat-de-signature-electronique

I have also tried using Yousign and Universign instead but the document was also rejected.

Any help in finding a solution would be gratefully received.

Hello @Pete ,

Thank you for reaching back.

The QES signature type is not one that is usually included in the Docusign plan, this is an add-on that a support agent needs to enable, if you do not see the option when going through the steps provided in my previous comment I recommend you create a case with Customer Support: 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

1. Select Open a Support Case at the top of the page.
  2. Select the Continue button beneath eSignature, Rooms, and CLM. Note: If you're a DoD customer, select DoD Customer Login.
  3. Log in using your Product credentials (email and password) and select Continue:
    1. The Docusign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or Sandbox environment).
    2. Have issues logging in? Try these troubleshooting steps.
  4. Select a Case Subject. Note: If you have multiple Docusign accounts, a pop-up will appear. Select an account to continue.
  5. Select any of the resources under ‘Need Answers Fast?’ that address your issue.
  6. If that doesn't answer your question, select the Add Case Details button.          
  7. Complete the case form.

Best regards,

Hi

I have the same problem,  and any of the solution given by Docusign worked. 

I logged in, I have a paid account, and I used the good signature type. And it is still not working. 

Anybody any other idea, I paid a huge amount to have this signature and I have only problems with Docusign. Nothing works how it should be. 

k

Hello @Katalin ,

Thank you for reaching out.

In that case, please reach out to our customer support team to confirm the backend setting have been enabled correctly. If you are a Docusign administrator, please open a Customer Support case by clicking the link below, and we’ll address your request as soon as possible. https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

2. Select the Continue button beneath eSignature, Rooms, and CLM. Note: If you're a DoD customer, select DoD Customer Login.
  3. Log in using your Product credentials (email and password) and select Continue:
    1. The Docusign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or sandbox environment).
  4. Select a Case Subject. Note: If you have multiple Docusign accounts, a pop-up will appear. Select an account to continue.
  5. Select any of the resources under ‘Need Answers Fast?’ that address your issue.

Best regards,

Hello, I am receiving this error on a French Gov site, which I need to electronically sign a document.
error I am getting:
------------------------
Your signature is not valid: The summary was signed with a foreign certificate outside the EU and whose certification authority is not present among those defined in the eIDAS trust lists. Your signature is therefore not considered valid since we cannot find the certification authority of the certificate used among the eIDAS trusted lists. We invite you to contact your signature provider in order to have a compliant signature.
---------------------------------------
What is strange is your company is listed as a valid third party for electronic signatures.
Here is the French gov site that recommends your platform:

https://www.francenum.gouv.fr/guides-et-conseils/pilotage-de-lentreprise/dematerialisation-des-documents/la-signature#avancee

Here is original error message not translated: 

Votre signature n'est pas valide : La synthèse a été signée avec un certificat étranger hors UE et dont l'autorité de certification n'est pas présente parmi celles définies dans les listes de confiance eIDAS. Votre signature n'est donc pas considérée comme valide puisque nous ne retrouvons pas l'autorité de certification du certificat utilisé parmi les listes de confiance eIDAS. Nous vous invitons à vous rapprocher de votre fournisseur de signature afin d'avoir une signature conforme.

Hi everyone! I have the same issue, did anyone resolve it? 

Hello @YUKLAM ,

If none of the provided solutions above are of any help, as my previous comments recommend, it is better to contact Customer Support as it is most likely an issue in the backend, more specifically that the QES signature type is not added to your account and therefore not added to the document.

Best regards,

Hello @Katalin ,

In that case, please reach out to our customer support team to confirm the backend setting have been enabled correctly. If you are a Docusign administrator, please open a Customer Support case by clicking the link below, and we’ll address your request as soon as possible. https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

1. The Docusign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or sandbox environment).

Best regards,

Hello, I’m trying to follow these steps to enable QES Signature but i’m getting an error while login into the DOD Customer portal login page.

I’m 100% sure i’m using the right credentials because they’re saved in my password keyring.
I created my account with the free trial.

See below a screenshot of the error.

Hello @noname ,

Thank you for reaching back and apologies for the late reply.

Were you able to contact support? In the “more options” > “I can’t reset my password”  section within the link I provided it should allow you to create a case without logging in to an account.

Best regards,