Skip to main content

When using a drawing field for the signee to upload an image, the result is always a very poor quality image. I’ve tried many times and can’t get it to be remotely usable. Does anyone have any success with this getting better quality?

Hi Ccollins,

Welcome  to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with the drawing field’s image resolution, I will clarify the topic for you.

In this case we would recommend you use the attachment field, instead of the drawing field.

Because for the drawing field it doesn't really give an assurance that the uploaded file will be in a good resolution, the field it self will always require you to crop the image itself which is the reason why it breaks or lows the resolution due to the adjustment that was initiated

You can find more details on how to work with the attachment field, here:

Field Types

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Yes, but I’m not looking for something to put a snippet on an existing page not add a new page. It seems that the drawing upload feature is for exactly that. But the quality of upload is unrecognizable.

See below. Left is the original picture, right is the upload. This is unusable.

Hi @ccollins,

Thank you for following up.

I see how the image quality of the drawing field’s resulting images could generate issues under these circumstances.

However, there is no option available to correct this behavior, in the specific case of the drawing field.

As an alternative, we can offer the attachment field, that will not compromise the image quality. But as you mentioned, will save the image as a separate document. Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Dang, I just setup our organization for DocuSign, and this issue has become a non-starter for us. I would never think that inserting a screen snip could be such a large hurdle.