Skip to main content

I’ve created a template in DocuSign with multiple fields and data labels, to utilize the ability to export the data as a CSV file once completed. 

Is it possible to download a PDF of the template once the fields have been filled in?

The use case would be to send a PDF copy of the template to a customer for review before sending it for signature.

Hi @cody,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to download the completed version of your envelope, and I will share more details on the topic.

You can download your documents with the data entered by your signer by downloading them in Manage>Inbox/Sent>Download.

For detailed steps on this process, see:

Download Documents

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @cody,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi Alejandro, 

Thank you for following up! The solution above works if the envelope has already been signed, however, would it be possible to download the envelope/template after the signer has completed the signer fields but before they have signed it? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thank you!

Cody

Hi @cody,

Thank you for following up.

Data entered during a signing session in eSignature will not be printed into the document until the recipient clicks on Finish, and completes their signing session.

If you would like your signer to be able to input their answers to fields other than signatures, you could look into splitting the fields into 2 different recipient roles in your signing order, one for text boxes, radios, etc…, and the second for the signature fields.

For more details on how to manage your signing order, see:

Set a Signing Order

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!