Skip to main content

Does the email on DocuSign affect the syncing of accomplished document? Scenario - I have send the DocuSign to the email on file, but then they resend the file to a different email address and signed, will it sync to the DocuSign as completed?

Hello, @eloilabs 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Shortly: Yes, the envelope will register the eSignature and if the signer is the last one so the envelope will change status as complete. In the Audit document (Certificate of Completion) you will see a tracking record for each action taken in the envelope and document.

However, there are two circumstances to be taken in consideration:

1. The original signer received the email notification then click in the Review Document button. Now, the signer can see the document, if the signer does not want to sign, he/she can access the option button on the top right corner Other Actions, if enabled, there is an option to redirect to another signer. Using this option, the signer can provide the full name and email for the new signer. Everything will be recorded in the audit trail including the signer’s change. Example: John Doo is the original signer, he forwarded to Mary Kay to be signed. Mary Kay signed the document. In the audit trail will show up John Doo as a recipient who forwarded to Mary Kay, all actions taken by Mary Kay including signing will be registered. 

2. Second circumstance: the signer received the email then forwarded such email to another person. Such person signs the document. In the audit trail document, it will be registered the original signer as the one who signed the document and his/her email. The name or email of the new sender (who got the fwd. email) will not be there in the audit file, however will be registered the IP used by such person. 
    An approach to avoid this scenario would be add an authentication code (Access Code or SMS, or both) so only the original signer can authenticate to sign the document especially if using SMS option because the forwarded new signer will not have the original mobile phone from the original sender to get the SMS security token.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre 

Thank you, Alexandre. This answered my question perfectly.

Hi