Skip to main content

Hi all, 

I’m brand new here and it looks like this is the only place where I can ask this question.

I’m interested in sharing a pdf with sensitive information but I can’t seem to find whether DocuSign offers protection against screenshots. Does anyone know?

@Antoni_oni Could you describe the need in more detail specifically what you mean by offer protection?

If you create an envelope with a document, you can add DocuSign fields that can have the data protected by “astericks”. You can also turn off attachments from an account perspective. There is also a feature called Document Visibility which allows you to hide a document from other Recipients who do not need to take action on that document.  But these are general information items cause I am not exactly sure what you need in terms of DocuSign protection.

Thanks David. I simply mean that if I send a document to a recipient, does DocuSign grant me the power to disable the ability for that recipient to take a screen shot of the document? I don’t believe I’ve found it stated anywhere that this is the case. 

@Antoni_oni I know of no functionality that is present in DocuSign that allows you to disable any screenshots that can be taken of the document.  DocuSign runs in the cloud and is browser based so I do not believe there is anything that could be present within DocuSign settings to remove screenshotting from a browser. There are also hundreds of other products that can take screenshots via an application like the Snipping Tool or Lightshot.

Also note that if the Recipient has a DocuSign account they can always view that document. They also via the completion notification of the envelope can download the document from the envelope.

Hello @Antoni_oni ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!