Skip to main content

The DocuSign Template Assistant for Word has been a gamechanger in terms of making a fillable template for the sender but I’ve run into some issues that seem minor but I can’t resolve.

1. I’ve created a large number of Sender Fields but as I get more comfortable with the template options I’ve wanted to go back and edit field descriptions, sender field names, etc..  The sender fields are all still “active” in my document but many aren’t in my sender field list for me to edit.
  2. Can you re-order the sender fields?  I worked on the more simple fields first and then came back to the ones that were better served by using rules but now the document completion will be all out of order.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jody

Hi @JSimpson,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you would like to edit your Sender Fields in your DocuSign Template Assistant for Word, and I will assist you in accomplishing your goal. To answer your first question he option to edit your Sender Field’s configuration is available only when creating a new template, whereas the option of reordering the fields directly on the Template Builder panel is not yet available. Regarding the missing fields, in the case that they might have been deleted, you may upload a JSON with the fields you want, as shown below:

Also, sharing screenshots of your current configuration along with a description of your use case could help in further troubleshooting the issue, I would appreciate it if you could include these as part of your next response.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

​Hi @JSimpson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!